An update for current students
We are excited to be restarting our Swimming Lessons program from 4th November 2020.
Our COVID-safe practices and revised lesson plans have ensured we can provide the safest program possible for our staff and swimmers. We’ve taken some time to reshape our program timetable, ensuring our Swimming Lessons students are ready to achieve their best and progress as we dive into warmer weather.
If you recently completed an expression of interest form you will have received a confirmation email with all the details you need to return to Swimming Lessons.
COVID safe information
- Please only arrive at the centre a couple of minutes prior to your class time.
- Only one supervising adult should accompany each swimmer to their lesson.
- We ask that swimmers please come prepared to swim by wearing bathers when they arrive.
- All members, guests and staff will be required to undergo a temperature check on arrival. We cannot allow entry to anyone with a temperature 38 degrees or above.
- Please bring a filled water bottle, as the water fountain may not be available.
- Children must stay with their supervising adult until they are called to their class location for commencement. Swimming before or after lessons is not permitted at this time.
- If your child is unwell or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend your scheduled class and contact the centre immediately.
To help keep our community safe, we require all visitors to sign in with a unique QR code when visiting our centre. To receive your unique code via email, all you need to do is fill out a visitor registration form. Once you have received your code, you will be able to use it to sign in every time you visit our centre.
How to get your unique QR code:
- Click here to fill out the visitor registration form.
- Include any additional visitors, such as minors who are attending the centre with you. Minors who attend the centre alone will need to fill out a separate visitor registration form.
- Ensure all your details are correct – particularly your email address.
- Check the confirmation box at the end of the form and select the ‘next’ button.
- Participants must attend with their membership card and scan in at reception when entering.
New enrolment enquiries
Please click on the relevant class type below to view our program information and begin your enquiry.
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website: http://www.watcharoundwater.org.au