An update for current students
We are excited to be restarting our Swimming Lessons program from 4th November 2020.
Our COVID-safe practices and revised lesson plans have ensured we can provide the safest program possible for our staff and swimmers. We’ve taken some time to reshape our program timetable, ensuring our Swimming Lessons students are ready to achieve their best and progress as we dive into warmer weather.
If you recently completed an expression of interest form you will have received a confirmation email with all the details you need to return to Swimming Lessons.
As part of an active Swimming Lesson membership with the Y, students can swim all year round for no additional cost, including over the summer break!
A reminder that Swimming Lesson members who do not wish to utilise their membership over the summer break can suspend their membership by completing the suspension request form.
COVID safe information
- Please only arrive at the centre a couple of minutes prior to your class time.
- Only one supervising adult should accompany each swimmer to their lesson.
- We ask that swimmers please come prepared to swim by wearing bathers when they arrive.
- All members, guests and staff will be required to undergo a temperature check on arrival. We cannot allow entry to anyone with a temperature 38 degrees or above.
- Please bring a filled water bottle, as the water fountain may not be available.
- Children must stay with their supervising adult until they are called to their class location for commencement. Swimming before or after lessons is not permitted at this time.
- If your child is unwell or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend your scheduled class and contact the centre immediately.
Contact tracing: migration to Service Victoria app
Our centre has recently migrated to using the Service Victoria app to facilitate our contract tracing process.
Everyone who attends our facility is required to complete Victorian Government contact tracing requirements. Specifically, we must record your name, contact number and time of attendance. To ensure your information is stored and managed correctly, we're using the Victorian Government contact tracing system.
All users of the facility who do not have a membership or current booking will be required to check in as follows:
How to check-in
- Download and open the Service Victoria app
a. Apple Devices
b. Android Devices
- Scan the QR code (displayed at the entrance of the area) and follow the prompts on your phone to check-in before you enter.
- Show the 'Checked-in' screen with green tick to staff as you enter our facility.
Please ensure you complete each step when entering the facility. Those unable to access a device for contact tracing will need to complete a manual log-in with a member of staff at reception.
We appreciate your cooperation with contact tracing to keep our community safe.
More information on the contact tracing system can be found on the Victorian Government website.
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website.