In the preschool swimming program, children learn to become more independent in the water and begin to develop important water survival skills.
Children will learn skills in:
- body orientation
- propulsion and submersion
- basic stroke development
- personal and water safety.
Our swimming teachers
Our teachers hold nationally accredited swimming teacher and water safety certificates. They have current CPR and first aid certificates, and have training in safeguarding children and young people.
Teachers assess and progress children through the program levels, based on their individual ability.
Class size: 4
Class size: 5
Class size: 5
Requirements for this program
- Children in nappies must wear aqua nappies that are tight fitting around the thighs (you can buy them here)
- Bring bathers, towel, goggles (recommended, but not required) and dry clothes
- Parents should bring bathers during the first few lessons, in case the child gets upset and needs support in the water
- Photos are allowed in the pool (never in the change room area) if you respect others' privacy and get their consent
Safety and handover requirements
To provide a safe environment for your child under 5, you must:
- Come to the edge of the pool at the start of the lesson and directly hand over your child to the teacher
- Watch the lesson
- Stay as close as possible to the lesson (for example, by sitting in the chairs around the pool)
- Come to the edge of the pool at the end of the lesson and collect your child
Fees and payment
We can organise a direct debit for children's swimming lessons at $18.75 per week.To find out more, or to book a trial lesson, call our friendly customer service team on (03) 5382 2576.
Click here to download the Horsham Aquatic Centre Swimming Lessons Terms and Conditions.
Unable to attend your lesson? As a member you are entitled to six free make up lessons per year for missed lessons. Click here to register your absence
Please select lesson type *