Our child care program is open to members and casual visitors seeking care for their children.
Children are supervised by qualified carers in Kidspace, an interactive space equipped with games, toys and an outdoor play area. We provide children with the opportunity to socialise in a family/multi-age setting, where they can explore new experiences in a stimulating and caring environment. We welcome children from 6 weeks to 12 years old.
We offer two styles of care in our Kidspace centre: Sessional Care and Occasional Care.
- Sessional Care: for parents and carers who are planning to stay within the centre while their child is in care.
- Occasional Care: for parents and carers who would like to pursue activities outside the centre while their child is in care
So whether you’re attending a weekly group fitness class or have an offsite appointment, we have care options to meet your needs.
Children will be engaged in a range of activities, including:
Arts & crafts
Music & movement
1:5 for infants under 3 years
1:15 for children over 3 years
Session 1: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Session 2: 10:30AM – 12:00 PM
Weekdays: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Public Holidays: Closed
We may close for up to 4 weeks over the Christmas period.
Types of care
We offer two styles of care at Horsham Aquatic Centre: Sessional Care and Occasional Care.
- Sessional care: for parents and carers who are planning to stay within the centre while their child is in care.
- Occasional care: for parents and carers who would like to pursue activities outside the centre while their child is in care.
Bookings are a minimum of 1.5 hours for both types styles of child care.
Prices for sessional care (for parents and carers using our facilities) and occassional care (for parents and carers leaving the facility) are the same. So you can access quality, affordable child care no matter what your plans are.
Single child Family pass (up to 4 children) Members Non-members Members Non-members $6.60 $8.65 $12.00 $16.00
We charge a fee for late collection of your child. The fee is $1.00 per minute, per family.
Fees can be paid by debit, cash or credit card at the centre.
Occasional care is available for parents who may require one or both session times and need to leave the centre, for example to attend an appointment, to go shopping or to even catch up with friends.
The minimum booking time for occasional care is 1.5 hours.
The enrolment and booking process for occasional care is the same as our sessional care - just us know what style of child care you would like to arrange when you make a booking.
Enrolment, bookings and cancellations
For each child you wish to enrol in our child care service, just follow our step-by-step enrolment guide. Once the enrolment process is completed, you will be able to make an online booking.
As part of the enrolment process, we recommend an orientation meeting with our Children's Service Coordinator to:
- give you a tour of the creche
- check your enrolment form and supporting documents
- discuss your child's needs and your expectations.
This can be arranged at reception or by calling the centre during business hours.
Once you have completed the step-by-step enrolment process, you can make an online booking by submitting a booking request.
We use an online booking system called My Family Lounge. Booking requests are made by signing into your Family Lounge account, clicking 'new request' under the 'booking request' section. Please follow the guided four step process and click 'save' once completed.
Bookings can be made a week in advance. Bookings are essential and can be made on a casual or permanent basis. Please understand when using casual bookings that places may not always be available.
Fees must be paid when you book.
If possible, please give us 24 hours notice of cancellations. Where that's not possible, please let us know by 7.30am on the day of your booked session.If cancellation occurs within 24 hours due to illness, we will offer a credit on presentation of a doctor's certificate.
What to bring
Bring all the things your child will need during their care. Please ensure all items are clearly labelled with your child's name. If your child is on medication, please hand this directly to staff when you arrive.
Infants and toddlers
- Bottle (with expressed milk, pre-made formula or cow's milk as required)
- Healthy snack or lunch
- Water bottle or sippy cup
- Dummy in sealed container, if required
- Nappies, wipes and plastic bags
- Change of clothes
- Sun-safe hat - we recommend the legionnaire style (brim at the front, flap at the back)
- Comfort item (soft toy or blanket), if required
- Sleeping sheet set or blanket for nap time, if required
- Healthy snack or lunch
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes (some types of play may be messy)
- Extra pairs of underwear, especially if toilet training
- Sun-safe hat
Do NOT bring
- Fizzy drinks, lollies or chocolates - unless specifically requested for a special celebration
- Nuts or Nutella - we have a nut-free policy to avoid anaphylaxis
- Toys - unless they are comfort items. If you bring toys, we'll remove them and give them to you when you collect your child
- Pets - unless pre-arranged with the Childrens Services Coordinator
Guidelines for child care
Help us run a safe and welcoming child care service by following our guidelines.
- Do not bring your child if they are unwell
- Sign in when you arrive, and out when you leave
- Ensure you bring all the things your child will need for the session
- Label all your child's belongings