Horsham Aquatic Centre offers lessons to all schools in Horsham. Our instructors can also travel to the surrounding districts to offer lessons.
YMCA Swimming Lessons are fully mapped to and aligned with Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS). We provide programs suitable for primary or secondary school students. In a practical environment students will develop physical skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of aquatic situations and participate in essential water safety and survival skills education.
Our team leader will make contact with your school to organise swimming lessons, as most schools already have a regular yearly booking. However if your school would like to make a casual or once off booking, these can be done through our reception staff on (03) 5382 2576
How it works
Classes are usually run in the following format:
- Children are assessed at the start of the program and placed in their correct group for the duration of the program
- The program runs for approximately 10 weeks during the school term
- Classes run once a week for around 30 minutes
- Classes have a teacher to student ratio of 1:10
- At the end of the program the children receive a report card and a voucher (valid for one month) for two weeks free lessons upon sign up to our regular program.
We can tailor a program suitable for your school's needs. Contact our reception to find out more.
We're committed to providing access to all students
Whether you’re looking for a fun excursion or end of year event for your students, a venue for your swimming carnival, or an integrated component of your PE program, we are here to help.
And remember, we’re committed to everyone having the opportunity to participate. So if you have a student in financial hardship, YMCA can provide subsidised access to the program.
Teachers please note:
We are also available to assist with your professional development, certification and skill-refreshers in
- First aid